The incarnation of God in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ gives to First Presbyterian Church not only its mission but also its understanding of membership. One becomes an active member of First Presbyterian Church through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and acceptance of His Lordship in all of life.
Christ calls the Church into being. Baptism and a public profession of faith in Jesus as Lord are the visible signs of entrance into the active membership of the church.
- proclaiming the good news,
- taking part in the common life and worship of a particular church,
- praying and studying Scripture and the faith of the Christian Church,
- supporting the work of the church through the giving of money, time, and talent,
- participating in the governing responsibilities of the church,
- demonstrating a new quality of life within and through the church,
- responding to God’s activity in the world through service to others,
- living responsibly in the personal, family, vocational, political, cultural, and social relationships of life,
- working in the world for peace, justice, freedom, and human fulfillment.
RETURN TO ABOUT US