THE BROWN EDDINS TELFORD ORGAN
The center-piece of instrumental music at First Presbyterian Church is, without question, the Brown Eddins Telford Organ. This instrument is a 30-rank, tracker action, Casavant Organ with 1,464 pipes. It was purchased in 1967 from the Casavant Frères Organ Builders of Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec (Canada). The organ was first played in Worship on November 12, 1967.
The organ is named after Miss Brown Eddins Telford, organist at First Presbyterian Church from 1918 to 1962. Miss Telford was also a member of the committee which was responsible for the purchase and installation of the organ. On the side of the organ console is a brass plate which reads:
The Brown E. Telford Organ
Oganist in this Church
From 1918 to 1962
Follow the link below for an auditory sample of the Brown Eddins Telford Organ. The music provided is used with permission from David K. Lamb and comes from his album of organ music called Church Street Promenade.
RETURN TO MUSIC